Age leaves its mark on skin in the form of dark patches, fine lines and wrinkles. While it is every woman’s heartfelt desire to stay young forever, it might not be possible to avoid age spots with the ticking biological clock. Going under the knife is not a favorable option for many to treat wrinkles. This is why demand keeps growing for non-surgical beauty treatments.
Some might feel that since such treatments don’t involve critical surgery, they can start the process anytime and the way they want. This is not really advisable! It is very important to gather some basic knowledge about non-surgical cosmetic procedures before picking up a particular one. This would ensure effective result without damaging the skin. Discussed below is some important info about such treatments.
Most popular non-surgical beauty treatments
- Botulinum toxin injections also popularly known as Botox, proves to be a very effective beauty procedure. It helps relax facial muscles, make wrinkles and fine lines less obvious.
- Chemical peel is an effective option wherein certain chemicals are used to remove outer layer of skin cells. This helps rejuvenate the skin and gives it a fresh look.
- Dermal fillers are specific types of injections which help fill out skin wrinkles and fine lines. The treatment is mainly preferred to increase definition and volume of lips.
- Microdermabrasion is another popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure which is done by spraying fine crystals onto the affected portion to gently remove dead skin cells. This treatment is particularly effective in removing wrinkles and skin patches.
- Non-surgical laser treatment is a favored option for those who want to remove unwanted body and facial hair painlessly.
Non-surgical cosmetic procedures – are these risky?
In general, beauty treatments which involve injections are less risky than surgical cosmetic procedures. However some complications may arise due to over-correction or allergic reactions. The best way to minimize risk factors is by consulting a proficient beauty therapist.
Where one can get the non-surgical treatment done safely
As mentioned already, even though no surgery is involved, it is always advised that you seek opinion from an expert before giving the nod to any of these treatments. If it is a cosmetic injectable process like Botox, then that should be done under the supervision of a trained aesthetic medical practitioner or skincare expert who has extensive knowledge in this field. Do check out the necessary clinical background of the beautician before finalizing the cosmetic procedure.
How to proceed with the treatment
Prescribing the cosmetic injectable treatment over phone, chat, fax or video link can prove to be too risky. A good idea is to have an appointment with the beauty therapist to discuss your specific skin problems. At the same time you can also check out her educational background and performance record just to make sure that your skin is in safe hands! Be sure to confirm what kind of post-treatment support is provided by the skincare specialist.
Finally to conclude, there is nothing wrong in going for non-surgical beauty treatments, provided you follow all necessary safety procedures.