Unfortunately age creeps up on everybody and most of us constantly fear about the inevitable: THE AGING LOOK! With a long list of treatments to smooth, lift and tighten the skin, who does not want to look and feel young? There has been a growing interest in cosmetic procedures than ever before which does not require one to go under the knife.
|Image Courtesy: Pixabay|
When does one need a facelift?
As one ages, facial features undergo a considerable change due to volume loss as well as loss of fat in the cheeks. Between the ages of 40 to 60, facial aging starts with visible signs like lines and wrinkles around the nose and the mouth, sagging cheeks, jowls, facial hollows and loss of definition in the jaw line.
What does a facelift do?
A facelift turns the age clock around and defies aging by tightening skin and underlying tissues, removing excess skin, softening facial outline and relocating fat to make up for volume loss in the face.
Why choose a non surgical facelift over a surgical one?
Surgical procedures are invasive in nature and involve cuts and incisions with the use of anesthesia. They need a longer recovery periodand also some amount of after care. They are also expensive and involve certain risks, if not performed by trained surgeons.
On the other hand a non-surgical facelift does not require hospitalization or large incisions. They are minimal downtime in office procedures without much discomfort, which give instant results and restore lost youth.
Some of the facelift techniques which are non-surgical in nature and which provide a lifted, toned and tightened skin are:
1. Dermal fillers: These are one of the most popular ones in vogue. These are hyaluronic acid based and have a longer lasting effect. Injectable fillers like Restylane, Juvederm andPerlane are considerably effective in removing fine lines, wrinkles and sagginess of skin. They are also used to volumise cheeks and lift the jawline and temple.The results last for about 6 to 9 months!
2. Botox: Botox has emerged as one of the best options in recent times, with high success rate and minimal side effects, where the injection temporarily paralyses muscle activity to remove worry lines, laugh lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet and smile lines, thereby resulting in smoother and younger looking skin.
3. Laser therapy: Painless laser therapy uses infrared rays of different wavelengths to smoothen out wrinkles and reduces sun damage, thus repairing and rejuvenating the skin and largely improving the appearance.
4. Thread lift: This is a brief procedure which involves inserting thin threads into a specific area of the skin by making tiny cuts into it. The threads which get fastened to the skin tissue are then pulled back after sometime for a tighter skin and a lifted appearance. Results are seen almost instantaneously.
5. Thermage: This is a radio frequency cosmetic procedure that smoothens and improves skin elasticity by stimulating collagen production. This treats fine lines and wrinkles and also lifts the cheeks, jawline and the brows.
6. Ultherapy: This uses ultrasound waves to tighten the skin at target points and isa proven and effective method as it triggers natural production of collagen for a younger looking skin.
How expensive is a non surgical facelift?
The cost of these procedures may differ depending on the type of facelift chosen and the number of sessions that may be needed for each type to be effective. The procedure may also need to be repeated after a certain period of time, to maintain the effect.
It is but natural that most of us want to knock off years from the face to look more youthful and toned, but one must also be aware of the side effects and risks if any, related to these treatments. It is always best to consult your physician regarding the right treatment option suitable for you and get it done by trained aesthetic specialists. Consult an aesthetic specialist now!